The purpose of our Sunday School program is to come alongside the families in our church to introduce the gospel, provide opportunities for salvation, and disciple students in their Christian faith. We do this by presenting the Gospel clearly, teaching the Bible in engaging and age appropriate ways, showing students how God's word may be applied to their lives, building relationships with students and families, and modeling Christ in our relationships to build up the body of Christ. We pray that children attending our program will grow to be willing and capable servants of Christ.
Overall Job Description
In the classroom
- Conduct an engaging learning session appropriate to the needs and understanding of your students
- Involve the students in the truth to be learned.
- Provide opportunity for the salvation of each student and their subsequent maturation in Christ.
- Arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before the starting time for Sunday school to arrange materials and greet students.
- Complete attendance and personal data records as specified.
Outside the classroom
- Prepare well for each lesson
- Develop a thorough understanding of the age level you teach.
- Pray earnestly for your students.
- Keep your relationship with Jesus strong
- Notify the proper person well in advance of anticipated absences.
If you are interested in serving in Sunday School or Children's Church please contact Noelle Willoughby