Nursery Helper Job Description
To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-2 years in a clean environment.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and other volunteers.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the Service or serving time.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult.
- In the event of an emergency notify the parent via their provided communication preference.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys before leaving. Sanitize countertops and toys that came into contact with saliva
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the nursery coordinator:
- Any planned absences with an advance two week notice
- Any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 2 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Be a current church member
- Or be 13 years of age (with a supervising adult)
- Satisfactory completion of background check
If you have any questions or want to get involved please contact: